Tens of thousands took to the street of Madrid today to protest Toro De la Vega. Saying that this 500 year old tradition is from the medieval past and has no place in today’s society. For those of you who are unfamiliar with Toro De la Vega, here are some facts:
- Said to have been held annually since 1534
- Participants must follow strict rules: they must approach the bull one by one and only attempts to mortally wound the animal, rather than weaken it, are allowed.
- No throwing of lances or other objects is permitted
- If the bull succeeds in crossing the municipal boundary, the tournament is declared void.
- The bull must weigh at least 500kg and be between four and seven years old.
With such huge turnout, it has definitely shook the world. We are hoping to one day get a gathering as big as this gathering to speak out against Trophy Hunting.